Work at ISI Demolition
Demolition Laborer Job Description
Multiple Openings in Maryland and Florida
General Laborer Job Duties
- A general laborer will perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. He or she may perform tasks including but not limited to:
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances where work will be performed.
- Clean or prepare demolition/construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or instructions. (Potentially up to or over 100 lbs.)
- Help maintain equipment and tools.
- Use hand tools to position or dismantle structural components.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, tampers, or rakes.
- Position, join, or align structural components.
- Operate jackhammers or drills to break up concrete or pavement. (Potentially up to or over 100 lbs.)
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to heat or move materials.
- Provide assistance to craft workers.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces.
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
- Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Raze buildings or salvage useful materials.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Post-secondary education is not required, but a high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Have at least one year of prior work experience.
- Employee must be able to provide or obtain for himself or herself regular transportation to and from various worksites.
- Employee must pass a drug screening test after conditional offer of employment and prior to hiring.
- Background and security checks may be required (for both new hires and incumbent employees) as contractually mandated for particular projects (e.g., for work at certain government installations or other sensitive sites).
- Employee must pass the E-Verify process.
Complete our online application to be considered for this position.
Maryland & Florida
Demolition laborers are responsible for dismantling structural components using hand tools and equipment.
Read full job description